What are the Hot Questions in BPM?

We are at a significant point in the maturity of BPM as a management discipline. The organizations that have been leading the charge in BPM are taking it to a new level, hence my previous posting on What’s Hot in BPM? http://blogs.gartner.com/jim_sinur/2009/10/22/whats-hot-in-bpm/

There is also a new wave of fast followers that are lined up to jump on the BPM bandwagon and they have been the dominant question askers at our most recent BPM and Symposiums here in the U.S. I’d like you to see the top 5 hot question areas for BPM that I have sensed.

1 What are the Benefits of BPM?

2. How Should I Get Started?

3 How do I set up Organizational Supports?

4. Which BPM Technologies Should I Use?

5. How do Business Rules Help BPM?

Jim Sinur from Garner has asked 5 hot questions related to BPM. These have come primarily from the Gartner BPM conference held recently.

I'm interested to hear if you have any additional questions that are important to you as an organisation, or more importantly do you have some good answers to these questions? It strikes me that these, generally, are fundamental questions that would be asked of any new discipline being brought into an organisation rather than just BPM.

What are your thoughts?

Autoposted from The Process Cafe Posterous

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
For blog comments policy see this post
blog comments powered by Disqus